Well Into Lent ...



Oh the lengthening days of Lent.  I confess this has never been my focus during this season but in this new land of little light (especially in the dead of winter), quickly lengthening days are the greatest of gifts!  Though still cold, we had several sunny days this week and I take every opportunity for a little Vitamin D when it comes.  Walks around our little lake are glorious to me.

My German teacher asked me about "Fastenzeit" and whether I observed and in my ridiculous German I tried to explain The Repentance Project ( http://www.therepentanceproject.com).  I failed but please visit and check this out.  I have so often felt that as a modern Caucasian woman - what can I do about racial reconciliation?  How am I implicated in the experiences of my contemporaries of color?  I don't have a notebook of answers but when I read this it instantly felt like a good place to start.

This month started off with Lindsay's dramatic death scene as Haemon in Antigone.  She did a great job in a pretty darn heavy play for a bunch of fourteen year olds.  Total camera fail however.




And then ... the little dude is now twelve.  My last year to have a child who is not a teenager!  This move has been a huge learning experience for him and he has matured a great deal. Still ... he is sweet.  We took him a a couple of friends to an escape room experience.  (We did manage to save humanity from an asteroid but all had to die in the process - heroes all!)




What else happens in Berlin in February?  Berlinale!  This famed film festival feels a million miles away as I chug through our daily life here on the outskirts of town.  I hope that we will be able to attend at least one screening of something interesting but the festival days are winding down and I don't see too much of a window.  Maybe this final weekend ... or maybe next year!

Tchüss!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our new chapter has begun!

Christmas in Berlin